The new HERO+ LCD features a touchscreen for changing settings and framing, as well as adding an all new in-camera trimming feature.
Adding to what is becoming an increasingly comprehensive line-up, GoPro has just announced the all-new HERO+ LCD.
The HERO+ LCD is the latest model in the growing range, boasting a key new feature which is sure to impress action sports fans and casual users alike.
The HERO+ LCD features a new built-in touch display – the first model in the range to do so. This looks set to makes life much easier when framing your footage, as well as utilising the new ‘in-camera trimming’ feature. Thanks to in-camera editing it’s now possible to cut short clips on the go, making them easier to share through the built-in Wi-fi and Bluetooth functionality.
Here are the main key features on the new GoPro HERO+ LCD:
- Professional-quality 1080p60 video and 8MP photo capture
- Touch display, shot framing, and in-camera playback
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enables connectivity to the GoPro App and Smart Remote
- ‘HiLight Tagging’ lets you mark key moments while recording or during playback for quick and easy editing
- In-camera video trimming allows you to create short clips for easy content sharing without a computer
In the UK the GoPro HERO+ LCD will be available from 12th July – with a price TBC – while it’ll be on sale in the US from around 6th June.
Full Press Release
GoPro Adds Touch Screen Convenience to Entry-Level Camera Lineup
New HERO+ LCD makes it easier than ever to GoPro with Built-In Touch Display, In-Camera Video Trimming and Integrated Wi-Fi
(June 1, 2015) – GoPro, Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRO), enabler of some of today’s most immersive and engaging content, has announced the availability of its new HERO+ LCD camera. Capturing life-like high definition 1080p60 video and 8MP photos, the HERO+ LCD features a convenient touch display for easy shot framing, settings control and access to an all-new in-camera video trimming feature. Like the entry-level HERO, the HERO+ LCD is built directly into its waterproof housing. The simplicity of this all-in-one design now combines with expanded features to make capturing life’s memorable moments easier than ever.
Rugged and waterproof to 131’ (40m), HERO+ LCD also includes advanced features like HiLight Tagging and in-camera video trimming to make it easier to identify and share your favourite moments. HiLight Tagging lets you mark key moments while recording and during playback so you can easily find them later, and the all-new video trimming feature allows you to create short clips in-camera for easier sharing without a computer.
Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® connect the HERO+ LCD to your GoPro App-enabled smartphone or tablet for easy camera control and shot preview when your camera is mounted or out of reach. The GoPro App also allows for easy content sharing to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and more and combines with the new in-camera video trimming feature to form a convenient content sharing solution.
“HERO+ LCD illustrates that even as we push the limits of life capture with bleeding-edge devices like the HERO4 Black, we’re also focused on delivering accessible, high-quality capture solutions to anyone wanting to GoPro,” said Nick Woodman, founder and CEO of GoPro.
Whether you are a first-time user or a GoPro veteran, the HERO+ LCD is an impressive capture solution. It combines GoPro’s famed image quality, versatility and durability with Wi-Fi connectivity, long battery life and touch display convenience in an all-in-one design.
HERO+ LCD – All-in-one awesome + touch-display convenience
• Professional-quality 1080p60 video and 8MP photo capture
• Touch display for convenient camera control, shot framing, and in-camera playback
• Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enables connectivity to the GoPro App and Smart Remote
• HiLight Tagging lets you mark key moments while recording or during playback for quick and easy editing
• In-camera video trimming allows you to create short clips for easy content sharing without a computer
• Power on and record automatically with the press of a single button with QuikCapture setting
• Long-lasting battery delivers approximately two hours of recording time
• Integrated housing design for simplicity and ease of use
• Supports microSD cards (at least Class 10 or UHS-I) up to 64GB